[IRCA] September 27 West Coast TP's cutting bait...

More of a research project this morning - with general fair to good
conditions -
thought I would set up a laptop (that's right... a laptop...) set up on a
couple (not one but two) WebSDR's in China and Japan
to make some sense of some mystery stations.

For instance - getting a solid stream of NHK1 on 594 khz and listening to
parallel programming on 585 (assume Kushiro, Hokkaido...)
and 612 Khz (kind of a no-brainer with Fukuoka...) [and yes, 531 was
parallel to this as well...) - and sure, I could have done this with the
dual VFO in the Drake R8 - but the WebSDR in Yokohama gave me a rock solid
594 Khz reference signal.

Other similar exercises were achieved with a Chinese WebSDR in Shenzhen
http://szsdr.ddns.net:8073 picking out
CNR1 on various channels...756 Khz... 639 khz... etc.

The mystery remains as to who holds court on 1368 khz (and there wasn't
much of this station this morning.)
Currently the Shenzhen WebSDR stream shows a rather distant pop station -
not telling me much.

What was different about this morning was the *"interior" domestics were
quite muted* by 1330 UTC - leaving many 9 khz splits dominant and alone...
like; 1188 khz (Japanese), 1179 khz (Japanese), 1116 (not English...) 1107
khz (Japanese I think...), 1098 (which usually dominates anyway...),
1008 khz, 1017 khz and so on...

So - listened from 1330 until 1345 UTC -  the session was low on mainland
splash with muted domestic and regional signals.

Drake R8 - West Facing Flag (42' x 26') with a variable remote termination.

--
Colin Newell - Editor and creator *of *Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> and DXer.ca <http://www.DXer.ca> -