Re: [IRCA] Newfoundland 2015 recordings - "movie"

Chuck Hutton wrote:
Is anyone downloading this other than the 2 or 3 that commented?

I didn't download it, but I've played through it a couple of times at the Dropbox site... and it's hugely entertaining.  While perfectly logical, the HUGE signal from RNE-684 is still a revelation to me.  Here in Missouri I've never gotten more than weak to fair audio from it on the best of nights... and it became utterly impossible here the minute WSCR-670 and WLW-700 turned on their IBOC noisemakers!  It's a kick to hear the announcer's Castellano pronunciation of "Radio NAHTH-yoh nall de Espana, Ser VEETH ee oh" etc.  Keep the files coming!
(FWIW, hands-down the best TA receptions I ever had here have been Duba-1521, Croatia-1134, Norway-1314, and Vatican-1611, as well as, I think, Luxembourg-234. [Don't have access to my logs right now.]) The Saudi and NRK were QSLed; never could get RNE, Vatican Radio or Croatian Radio to respond to my reports.

Randy Stewart
Battlefield (Springfield) MO