[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, September 7-14, 2018

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page70
[over 311,000 views! as of September 14, 2018]

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75Â E-W longwire.

** MEXICO. 820, Sept 11 at 1217, canned ID amid romantic music with
heavy beat, as ``Canal ochocientos veinte, ABC Radio``. It`s been
making a SAH with WBAP of slightly under 1 Hz, about 55 fades per
minute, first noticed a few minutes earlier but peaking now with WBAP
nulled as much as possible.

It`s XEABCA, Mexicali BCN. WRTH 2018 shows 3.5/0.5 kW, named instead
Radio Frontera. IRCA Mexican Log of 2015 (will there ever be a new
one?) contains both names. Not bad at a kilomile, especially if on
night power as it should be, and non-direxional per NRC Pattern Book
of 2013 (a new edition of 2018 has just been published!). But not too
unusual here on SRS (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Tim Hall replies Sept 12 to my 820 XEABCA log:

``TH: They have really been getting out well the past year or two. The
vast majority of the time, they refer to themselves as "Canal
ochocientos veinte, ABC Radio" but occasionally they also still use
"Radio Frontera," which I believe is actually the name of the local
company that operates XEABCA-820 and XEMMM-940. A radio blogger in
Mexicali told me recently that XEABCA has been granted a CP to migrate
to FM as XHABCA-101.3. The same blogger told me that long-silent XEAA
-1340 was hoping to return to the air this summer (they were still off
when I drove through El Centro in June). 73 Tim Hall`` (Glenn Hauser,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** KIRITIMATI. 846, Sept 11 at 0615, JBA carrier from presumed R.
Kiribati, getting to be a regular. See also UNID 936 (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** KIRITIMATI. 846, Sept 12 at 0616, JBA carrier from presumed R.
Kiribati. And again Sept 13 at 0611 check (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 870, Sept 11 at 1202, XETAR, La Voz de la Sierra
Tarahumara, sign-on procedure with many IDs in Spanish and native
languages, also singing, mentions of CDI parent agency [concesionario:
COMISION NACIONAL PARA EL DESARROLLO DE LOS PUEBLOS INDÃGENAS]. On the
DX-398 it`s separable from WWL remnants. I`ve seen its website before,
but looking for it in the WRTH 2018, on page 281, 870 XETAR is keyed
as station CH18) in Chihuahua state -- but the referenced entry on
page 284 for CH18) is obviously some other station, in Cuauhtemoc! If
XETAR be somewhere else in the CH sexion, I haven`t found it, but I do
notice another likely typo: CH12) as ``readiocanon800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx``
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MOROCCO. 936 kHz: see UNIDENTIFIED

UNIDENTIFIED. 936, Sept 11 at 0620, I have been bandscanning up from
bottom of MW band, with east-west longwire on the R75 set at 9 kHz
steps, but minus 1 kHz from TA/TP channels, to hear any carriers on
USB tuning, besides 846 Kiritimati. Before dozing off at midband, I do
hit one on 936, in fact stronger than 846 but still JBA with no
modulation. It`s right-on frequency, so surely not a local artifact.

Consulting the WRTH TA and TP listings, I conclude it is most likely
100 kW SNRT, Agadir, Morocco, sunrise today being right now: 0621. Of
course, it`s post-sunrise in the rest of Africa and Europe except
maybe Spain with 3 x 20 kW Radio 5. I wonder if the F.Pl of two new
400 kW MW transmitters in Agadir has been consummated? It`s too early
for eastern Australia with 10 kW stations, much too early for China
with 200 KW, but sun set in Auckland NZ already at 0607 altho station
there is only 1 kW. So theoretically, 936 Agadir could be propagating
all the way to NZ now --- 11989 miles short path to Mangawhai, per
crowflies, not onward from here, but along the coasts of Brazil and
Argentina, around Cape Horn and the southern Pacific ocean. Has Bryan
Clark heard it? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 936, Sept 12 at 0611 UT, JBA carrier again from likely
SNRT, Agadir, Morocco, just before LSR there. In previous log I should
have added that listed power is 100 kW, altho Future Plan called for 2
x 400 kW on MW (and 936 the only known frequency at that site).

936, Sept 13 at 0612, there it is again, with some fading. This time I
get a rough DF on the DX-398, NE/SW. Then checking the true bearing of
Agadir from Enid on my NGS globe with geometer, it`s 65 degrees.
Futurely shall try to get a closer match.

Agadir is right on the SW coast, SW of Marrakech, which can only boost
its propagability, (Microsoft Works Word Processor tried to
``correct`` that to reparability!! It has no sense about considering
definitions. I have to keep adding my new(?) words to its lexicon).

In fact, if 936 be really up to 800 kW it should be a good target for
daytime TA seawave. Meanwhile, superpower here should be helpful in
covering Western Sahara`s conquest by Moroccan imperialism (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Atlantic JBA carrier search, Sept 14 at 0129-0138
UT: mainly on the R75 with E/W longwire: 936, 846, 774, 711, 828, 837,
1107, 1215, 1503.

Comments: 846 certainly not Kiritimati this early;
774 has two beating, one slightly off to the minus side, but MW
Offsets has nothing more than 3 Hz low. No sign of 1521, so Sa`udi 2
megawatt apparently still not 24h.

I wanted to make sure 936 would also be heard much earlier than my
usual bedtime chex circa 0600. MW Offsets shows minus 6.5 Hz for
Agadir, and good luck with the accents:

935.9935 SNRT Al Idaà Al Amazighia (Agadir/AÃt Melloul) 24h 2018-02-16

Another check tonight at 0548-0552, however, does not get a signal on
936, rather: 846, 837, 621, 612, 549, 1044, 1098, 1125, 1215, 1305,
1413, 1503 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---