Re: [IRCA] 9-4-2018 evening logs,first South American am dx

--- Begin Message ---
HJJX Bogota 770 power 100 kW per MWLIST.
http://www.mwlist.org/mwlist_quick_and_easy.php?area=4&kHz=770

Good catch in land-locked TN: much more regular along the coast of course.

760 HJAJ and 1000 HJAQ are parallel with RCN network and are often heard here, frequently dominating those channels.

The other Spanish on 770 is quite likely Rebelde Cuba // 600, 670, 1180, and a gaggle of other frequencies.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA

<<
HJJX-Radio Cadena Nacional-770-Bogata,Colombia.2116-2218 EDT.9-4-2018.Much
Spanish talk mainly by man .Some seemed to be prerecorded.Mentions of
Colombia,Radio Nacional,Radio Cadena.At 2148 I.D. as"Radio Cadena
Nacional."Heard in the null of WABC.Possibly mixing with another Latin
American station.Very poor-fair with brief good peaks.Anyone know what the
power on this is ? My first South American AM station logged ! Grundig
S450DXL barefoot.

Carl DeWhitt,KI5SF,Maryville,TN

--- End Message ---