[IRCA] â Re: [nrc-am] Loop comparisons / suggestions

I liked the highly portable Doxytronics loop for that reason too. I once
took it with me on a hike along with a portable receiver for some "on the
trail" SWLing. It only takes a minute to assemble or disassemble the PVC
frame and coax loop element.

I'd forgotten about Doxy's web site; in fact, when I bought mine it was
through their site, not Ebay.

BTW this is a passive loop, not amplified. That way there is no added noise
and the preselection of the tuner helps avoid overload that can sometimes
happen with receivers and amplified antennas. Now, if the Doxy covered
medium wave too, I'd still own it :^)

73, Guy