[IRCA] TA carriers

--- Begin Message ---
Listening last night - one of the few lower-static nights in recent weeks - produced numerous TA's with Spain on 855 being the stand-out.

Most of the other bigger Spain channels were in and there was reasonable RF from UK 693, 882, 909, 1089, and 1215.

The Iran buzzer on 1575 (covering UAE) was the farthest east thing noted.  Egypt on 864 was in and out.  Not sure what's going on with Saudi Arabia 1521: they don't seem to be showing up.

Mauritania 783 must be off still.  I'd be interested in what others are noting.

I don't think Roy Barstow had it on his recent Cape Cod beach DXpedition.  Normally it would be a blowtorch around local sunset here.

Maybe both Mauritania and Sudan are heading to Bruce Conti's "Silent MW Radio Countries" list.
https://www.bamlog.com/darkcountries.htm

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA, USA

<<
(date 24 Aug UTC; place: Victoria, BC)

1215 made its first appearance of the season, just a carrier, at
0440UT. 1296 and 1485 very weak carriers also there....and yes,
pretty close to 1295.9985, and 1296.000...nothing else audible during
a quick check.

best wishes,

Nick

Nick Hall-Patch