Re: [IRCA] Sangean PRD15 followup

The PRD15 display lights up briefly when it is tuned (but not if you adjust the volume) then goes out completely. I use it as my bedside radioâand my wife also hates lights of any kind at night.

Itâs roughly 10â long by 5.5â tall, and about 1.5 inches wide. It is solid, and has some real âheftâ to it, especially with the batteries installed. While I havenât done any direct comparisons to the many other portables that I have (or have owned) it compares well enough for DXing on both AM and FM.

It has RDS display that is large, easy to read and scrolls. It does not display PI codes.

I primarily use it as a bedside radio, and casual DXing. During the day, I tune it to a semi-clear local FM channel, and use it as an âe-skip monitorâ alerting me to openings.

YMMV, but Iâm very happy with mine.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR2, SDRPlay RSP-2 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD [XDR Guy Modified], Dennon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1X, Ray Dees RDS Decoders, Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Kitz Technologies KT-501 Pre-amps, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.

âNothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody elseâs favorite songââ