[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, April 28-June 28, 2018

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as http://www.hard-core-dx.com/index.php?topic=Hauser

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page69
[over 303,000 views! as of June 28, 2018]

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75Â E-W longwire.

** MEXICO. June 27 after only 4 hours sleep, I am wide awake by local sunrise, 1116 UT, so make the best of it and check out the lowband Mexican MW stations, for the first time in several weeks; mostly same ones usually audible, but there may have been some changes:

540, June 27 at 1111, timecheck for 5:11 = UT -6 zone. In summer, both Sinaloa and Chihuahua are synchronized. I am expecting to hear the usual La Ranchera de PaquimÃ, XETX in Nuevo Casas Grandes, Chihuahua, which IDs every few minutes, but next check at 1122 ID sounds otherly, and FM frequency as 90.9 instead of 90.5 as listed for XETX; and then a string of federal PSAs, moslty Salud.

The // 90.9 station on 540 is instead ``La Mejor``, XEHS in Los Mochis, Sinaloa. I get Sinaloans on 610 & 650 easily, including again today, but not this one, last logged Oct 9, 2016 at 1226; could XETX be gone, migrated to FM-only? No, as in DXLD 17-48, XETX is in a list of only 5 Chihuahua stations that will stay on AM, as is XEHS among only 4 for Sinaloa.

610, June 27 at 1113, banda music is way dominant, from XEGS, Guasave, Sinaloa, 1115 `El Madrugador` program name (the early-morning man), DJ talk and back to music; by 1125 UT, KCSP Kansas City SPorts has taken over 610 for today. Not a matter of power or pattern change, as it`s one of those lucky grandfathered stations running 5/5 kW day and night, non-direxional, tho June marx its earliest sunrises of the  year: 1045 UT. XEGS is on the list of Sinaloans which will stay on AM a while longer at least, but not XETNT.

650, June 27 at 1113, XETNT, Los Mochis, Sinaloa with music en `Buenos DÃas, Llarderos` show (or Yarderos? Neither spelling gets a hit searching the Grupo ChÃvez website), not // sibling station 610 XEGS until they hook up for `Noticiero Altavoz` news at 1200. 1118, long adstring mostly for food stores in Guasave anyway, such as tortillas, carnitas, mariscos; finally Radio 65 ID and something about a change concerning 106.5 FM ``en pocos dÃas``. Holds up longer than 610, with no WSM or anything else to bother 650.

Sharp at the odd time of 1130, XETNT plays choral national anthem, after which repeats the announcement about 106.5. I suspect it`s going to be their *only* frequency as the original 650 will have to quit AM, but it`s fading now and I can`t copy all the details. So later while compiling this report I bring up their webcast among all the other Grupo ChÃvez stations, via
http://grupochavezradio.com/radio/mochis-radio65.html

Finally at 1652, I get it: ``Radio 65, en pocos dÃas transmitirà en cien, 100.5, muy pronto``. But its ``65`` branding both for AM and FM frequencies will then be history, and if 650 goes off, what will they call it? Maybe the same like ``virtual`` long-gone TV channels?! This is explained in Wikipedia, which I believe Raymie Humbert says he writes and updates:

``XETNT migrated to FM in 2011 as XHTNT-FM 106.5. As part of the 2017 renewal of XHTNT's concession, it is slated to move to 100.5 MHz in the near future in order to clear 106-108 MHz as much as possible for community and indigenous radio stations.``

Getting back to yarderos, a search on ``llarderos`` leads to:
https://www.corregime.com/como-se-escribe/yardero-o-llardero

``CÃmo se escribe Yardero o Llardero --- yardero. 1. m. Hond. Hombre que se encarga de cortar el cÃsped en los jardines, campos de golf o zonas urbanas. [does Hond. Mean it`s a Honduranism? Hardly now]

Palabra incorrecta: llardero
La palabra llardero està mal escrita, no figura en la Real Academia EspaÃola (RAE) y por lo tanto no existe en el idioma espaÃol.`` But some citations of wrong spelling are displayed.

and another orthographic authority agrees via:
https://www.buscapalabra.com/como-se-escribe.html

{Truth be known, the word probably derives from the English ``yard``, where we would hardly ever think of spelling it ``llard`` ---  except possibly in Wales}. Of course it makes sense to have a pre-sunrise program for groundskeepers (not ``yarders``), getting an early start when the day is coolest; and unlikely to be well-educated about RAE spelling rules.

710, June 27 at 1112, long-heard low-key preacher in slightly accented Spanish, i.e. on XEDP, Ciudad CuauhtÃmoc, Chihuahua, the one who switches to Low German at times, but if he did it today, missed while checking other frequencies. This morning I am not hearing much if anything from the other Chihuahuans on 540, 700, 730. Fortunately I manage to get some more shut-eye circa 1200-1330, but still a deficit calling for another afternoon nap (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---