[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, May 26-June 22, 2018

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page69
[over 302,000 views! as of June 22, 2018]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 530, June 2 at 1718 UT check, K530AM, Vance AFB TIS is
back in whack, modulating Ad Council PSA loops (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

============

** U S A. 570, June 2 at 1800 UT on caradio, pronounced SAH of
200/minute, or three-and-one-third Hz, between KLIF Dallas and always-
there-by-groundwave understation, WNAX Yankton SD.

Per the MW Offset list at
http://www.mwlist.org/mwoffset.php?khz=570
570 569,9970  USA KLIF (Dallas, TX)  2010-08-29
570 570,00078 USA WNAX (Yankton, SD) 2018-03-22

i.e. KLIF 3 Hz low as of almost 8 years ago, and WNAX recently 0.78 Hz
high, so a fairly good match to my measurement. City-to-city distance
Yankton-Enid: 722 km = 449 statute miles; from the SE corner, the only
SD station making it here on daytime GW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1110, June 21 at 1136 UT, with KFAB Omaha nulled, I am getting two other stations, one with S Asian songs, surely KVTT Mineral Wells (MetroPlex), and the other financial talk in English. Very few other 1110s around here, so this one fits best per NRC AM Log: KTEK Alvin TX (HoustonPlex), ``Business 1110``, 2.5 kW direxional daytimer, and per NRC Pattern Book conveniently aimed NNW right at us (and KVTT!). FCC map shows a broader but northerly pattern as necessary to cover Houston from Alvin. After KTEK fades down a little and I bring KFAB back, it`s making a 184/minute = 3.07 Hz SAH with KVTT. KTEK`s official June FCC sunrise is 1115 UT. On the longest day of the year I am awake two hours before I would prefer to be; Enid SR is 1114 UT, already creeping later since our earliest at 1113 UT a biweek ago (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1130, June 2 at 1718 UT quick check, KLEY Wellington KS is
still SNAFU going into its fifth month (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** U S A. 1130, June 7 at 2157 UT, KLEY Wellington KS carrier is not
cutting off, but the rapid clix are still being heard (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1500, June 10 at 0136 UT, modulation cutting off and on,
mentions rangers.com vs Rockies, back to silly baseball game at
seventh inning with OK modulation. Normally one would expect KSTP to
be the desportive station on 1500, but TX vs CO? How about KJIM
Sherman TX? Yes, it`s on the Rangers affiliate list which appeared in
IRCA DX Monitor April 21. It`s a 1 kW direxional daytimer, studio
address in twin city of Denison, so better hurry up and finish the
game, as official sunset is 0145 UT already in June and July! Had I
known before consulting FCC AM Query, I should have listened whether
KJIM stayed on past 0145 UT. BTW, the mlb website for tex seems to
think ``national broadcast schedule`` involves nothing but TV. BTW2,
the Rangers are playing the Astros tonight, Rockies next weekend
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1540, June 10 at 0132 UT as I am bandscanning downward, some
tones catch my attention. Two different steady pitches, on and off ---
o, it`s the NWS with a ``tornado warning`` till 9:30 pm. But heavy
QRM, hard to copy details; mentions Lincoln(?) Memorial Airport, and
Iowa, before back to OTR drama. Got to be KXEL, eastern Iowa confirmed
on national severe weather map of
http://www.wunderground.com
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1540.056, June 21 at 1146, tell-tale het upon ESPN Deportes, i.e. KZMP University Park (MetroPlex) TX, the het surely from KGBC Galveston TX, which has been captured off-frequency-plus like this several times before (but sometimes on 1540.0 --- do they have two different transmitters?) Cannot pull any audio from it vs KZMP (and also KXEL), nor get a DF null on the hand-rotatable DX-398, but a DF peak at SSE/NNW which also fits for Galveston. KGBC`s latest format is Tejano, ex-Oldies as of two months ago in NRC DX News (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1540+, June 22 at 1147 UT, about the same het as 24 hours earlier, i.e. KGBC Galveston off-frequency-plus (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Still no Mostly Mexican MWDX --- spring doldrums, lots of storm noise

--- End Message ---