Re: [IRCA] CJYQ-930 question

Thanks Chuck. Both MWList and Wikipedia refer to a CJYQ fire in 2014, and I saw a reference to CJYQ using a tower of VOCM's, but darned if I can find it again.

At any rate, all part of the mystery. My primary curiosity was about their night power and pattern.

Nick

At 21:45 2018-06-21, Chuck Hutton wrote:
Nick -

Here's the only fire I remember and it says VOCM:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/fire-engulfs-st-john-s-radio-transmission-tower-1.2513660

Chuck

________________________________
From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 1:39 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: [IRCA] CJYQ-930 question

I noticed that CJYQ-930 in St. John's, NF is listed as 25kw day and
3.5kw night non-directional on MWList and on the topazdesigns list.

At one time, did it use 25kw at night with a directional antenna as
listed on the FCC site, and itemized in a 2013 NRC pattern book?   I
seem to recall a fire at its transmitter site a few years ago.

Just summertime curiosity.

Thanks.

Nick

Nick Hall-Patch