From: Bill Whitacre <bw@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Jun 6, 2018 4:28 pm
Subject: [nrc-am] QH11 - Lubec, Maine over Memorial Day

My wife and I visited Quoddy House near Lubec, Maine for the Downeast Birding Festival over Memorial Day weekend.  Nobody who knows anything about radio goes to Quoddy House without putting up an antenna and giving DXing a try.

I put up a 160â DKAZ pointing 100 deg. and am working through Perseus wav files from May 26-28.  So far the highlights are Bolivia on 960, Mozambique on 1206 and about 20 Brazilians.

Conditions were not the greatest but anything is better than listening from my noise-ridden, non-coastal Alexandria, VA home.

You can see and hear what I heard at this webpage:  http://realmonitor.com/am_logs_qh11.php

Bill Whitacre
Alexandria, VA

--