From: Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@xxxxxxxxxxx [badx] <badx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: badx <badx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: nrc-am <nrc-am@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; irca <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; ABDX <ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; CapeDX <CapeDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Apr 18, 2018 5:22 pm
Subject: Re: [badx] WBAS 1240 MA off air

Is the 101.5 translator also off? I think after 24 hours, it should be.

Jeff Lehmann

On Apr 18, 2018, at 4:54 PM, Mark Connelly MarkWA1ION@xxxxxxx [badx] <badx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

WBAS 1240 has been silent at least 24 hours now.

They are local to me at ~5 miles / 8 km on a southwesterly bearing.  I don't usually get much through them so this silence is a DX opportunity.

WSKI-VT and WOON-RI were quickly picked off in a sunset period capture yesterday.  I suspect that a lot more could surface so I'm just running a single channel Total Recorder audio grabbing session (started about 4:30 p.m. EDT / 2030 UTC).  I'll let this roll 4 or 5 hours and will switch antenna a couple of times just to change things up.

1230 (WESX / WCMC / WGUY / WBLQ typically) and 1250 (WMTR / WKBR mostly) are a lot more in the clear.  1233, 1242, and 1251 are TA channels that may be improved here.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA

R.I.P. Sean Gannon - Yarmouth PD

__._,_.___

        Posted by: Jeff Lehmann <jjlehmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>

                           Reply to sender

                          Reply to group

            Start a New Topic

                            Messages in this topic                (2)

    VISIT YOUR GROUP

 â Privacy â Unsubscribe â Terms of Use

..

--- End Message ---