Re: [IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, March 17-23, 2018

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page68
[over 291,000 views! as of March 30, 2018]

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75Â E-W longwire.

** MEXICO. 790-, March 30 at 1221, world news mentioning ``Noticiero Grupo FÃrmula``, loops SW or WSW, making rumble het from the low side with other 790s such as Arkansas which is gradually gaining. Must be XENT, La Paz, BCS tho there is one other FÃrmula, 250 watts in Guadalajara. IRCA Log 2015 had XENT as 10/0.75 kW; WRTH 2018 as 5/0.75. Only one Mexican, XEBI Ags is in the MWOffset list, and it was exactly 790.000 in 2009y. Stalwart 650 XETNT Los Mochis was also in from across the Gulf (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. [Re last week:] A few notes:

-The "northern Nuevo LeÃn" reference means the two municipalities that are part of the 33 using American DST start and end dates. In Nuevo LeÃn that is AnÃhuac and Los Aldama.
http://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2018/03/09/1225302
These are municipalities generally on or very near to the border, with the notable exception of Baja California (the entire state) and Sonora (no DST statewide).

-XERG is not migrating, correct (Raymie Humbert, AZ, March 23, WTFDA Forum via DXLD)

** KIRITIMATI. 846, March 25 at 0617, JBA carrier from presumed R. Kiribati (at 0618, WWV reports K index of 4, G1 storms expected). Confident that this split is not European, but I start a 9 kHz bandscan at 0619, hearing only the 531 JBA carrier before falling asleep (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Glenn, I suggest trying around their sunset as I've observed a peak then and some weakening later. Last night from about 0450-7 this was almost audible, but nothing could get past awful KOA slop that I could be sure was audio. I was often able to hold synch lock on the Perseus and the carrier was strong enough to provide some audio as I've observed some from low band DU's with even less signal. One issue here is that the last I read was that they s/off at 0907 or so, so no chance to log them at my sunrise. So the chase for a new country continues for me. 73 KAZ Barrington IL (Neil Kazaross, Perseus and DKAZ aimed due west, March 25, ABDX yg via DXLD)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search: 774, March 28 at 1148 on the R-75, so I then do a bandscan on the DX-398 at 1156-1204: 747-NW, 693-NW?, 666-NW, 594-NW, 567-NW, 828-NW, 846-WSW, 1098-W and nothing higher (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search, March 30 at 1200: 774 first checked as always, can`t get definite DF so probably both Australia and Japan. Onward at 1206-1215: 747-NW, stronger and hoped to pull some audio; 702-WSW, 603-WSW, 594-NW, 567-NW, 792-WSW, 828-NW, 846-WSW, 882-?, 1098-W, 1548-? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---