[IRCA] 864 unID solved

from DX reported on 18 March 2018:

864 JOHE? Although at poor strength, woman was reading slow call letters, sounding like JOHE, before 2 and 1 pips at 1400UT. JOHE however is part of the HBC group and I don't think I've heard them using call letters, plus it's only 3 kw from an interior town on Hokkaido. If this is it, then pretty nice DX.

However, Hiroo Nakagawa in Japan has told me that he is certain that it is JOXR in Okinawa, recognizing both the announcer's voice, as well as the call letters.

This makes much more sense from a propagation standpoint, and is certainly still good DX from this location. But I am embarrassed that I cannot hear call letters in my own language properly, hi

best wishes,

Nick

Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC