[IRCA] TP DX in Seattle - Feb 17

This was one of my best TP mornings in a long time. It was also My first TP session in several weeks. To add to the fun, I was actually listening in "real time" for once. On the down side, there was a computer glitch. Even though the red "record" indication was on, the Elad software didn't record most of the session. I did get recordings around sunrise after I started a new recording at around sunrise. All of which means I can mostly just summarize from memory and the brief sunrise recording, which was still pretty good.

Conditions were already very good when I sat down at the rig at 1155 and remained good for a while. There was a bit of a drop in signal levels at about 1400 before things briefly picked up again at about 1445

So here are the results in frequency order. Sorry for the lack of specific times.........

558 Korea - probably the best signal ever heard at home ///603

567ÂÂÂ JOIK good

594 JOUK, Grayland levels today. I can't recall when I last heard it that well

603ÂÂÂ Korea fair //558

612 JOLK - fair // 594 at about 1440, rare here

657ÂÂÂ N Korea decent signal but hammered by domestic splatter

666ÂÂÂ JOBK fair JJ talk various times

693ÂÂÂ JOAB quite good in CBU splatter

702ÂÂÂ NHK synchros

738ÂÂÂ Taiwan presumed with Chinese talk around sunrise

747ÂÂÂ JOIB very good

774ÂÂÂ JOUB it's usual strong self

783/792 carriers

819ÂÂÂ N Korea doing amazingly well against local KGNW-820 at 1230 & other times

828ÂÂÂ JOBB good at times

837 846 855 864 carriers possibly with audio

873ÂÂÂ JOGB briefly good when KIXI--880 relented

891ÂÂÂ JOHK briefly good - if only I could remember when....

936ÂÂÂ unid possibly China

963ÂÂÂ CRI

972ÂÂÂ Korea fair-loud

981ÂÂÂ CNR1 amazing at times

1017ÂÂÂ probably China

1134 1188 1197 carriers

1206ÂÂÂ fair China

1278ÂÂÂ Japan fair

1287ÂÂÂ JOHK fair-strong

1314 Animated talk 1445 good but much electrical noise. Japan or Philippines?

1323ÂÂÂ CRI fair

1332ÂÂÂ Japan

1341/1359 - carriers but too much QRM to get audio

1386ÂÂÂ NHK2 fair at times

1422ÂÂÂ JORF good at times

1503ÂÂÂ JOUK doing well briefly, but don't recall when

1566ÂÂÂ HLAZ - its usual strong self

1575ÂÂÂ Probably VOA

Bruce in Seattle

Elad FDM-S2, flag/delta loop hybrid antenna (sort of shaped like a sideways Nevada) aimed north