[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 27 January 2018

I didn't get to a report yesterday, but conditions here were much like Nick reported, rather dismal, so wasn't much to report anyway. Today showed a marked improvement, with a number of Japanese sticking around to past 1500 at a decent level.

567 JOIK Sapporo, JAPAN Talk in Japanese, then vocal by a woman at 1448, //594

594	JOAK	Tokyo, JAPAN	Traces of man in Japanese at 1350

693 JOAB Tokyo, JAPAN Man in Japanese at 1419, //693. Still good at 1500 with time pips, "JOAB NHK Todyo" ID, anthem, and music box.

747	JOIB	Sapporo, JAPAN	Man in Japanese at 1334.

774	JOUB	Akita, JAPAN	Woman in Japanese at 1347

828 JOBB Osaka, JAPAN Man in Japanese at 1351. The best of the 'big guns' early on this morning.

873	JOGB	Kumamoto, JAPAN	  Man in Japanese at 1433

972	HLCA	Danjing, S.KOREA      Weak, with man in Korean at 1401

1116	4BC	Brisbane, AUSTRALIA	Conversation between two men at 1441

1566	HLAZ	Jeju, S.KOREA	Poor, with man talking at 1444.

Also noted NHK style time pips, though nothing else, at 1500 on 846 and 927. Was nice that NHK2 singed off at 1500 so I could hear the signoff routine, which I haven't heard a lot here.

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, AB
Perseus SDR with Wellbrook phased array