Re: [IRCA] OT - All quiet in Kona.

At the farmers market, a 5 minute walk from where I am, everybody stopped what they were doing and looked at their phones, then started talking amongst themselves... the consensus was: âthere are no air raid sirens going off so it must be a false alarm... â

Truth is, there are no suitable shelters in Kona or Honolulu or anywhere on the Islands for that matter. If there were actual incoming missiles, one could only gather and wait for them.

As someone who is just old enough to remember the Cuban missile crisis, I find it hard to believe than in 50+ years we havenât evolved beyond petty brinksmanship, postering, Sabre rattling and jockeying for position in the elite nuclear club.

Itâs shameful that millions of people were on the edge of hysteria yesterday because of a mouse click(unlikely that there were any button pressing...)

Colin Newell - Kona Hawaii