[IRCA] a few logs tonight - Cape Cod, MA

--- Begin Message ---
Before the start of the Pats winning game against Tennessee, I got a bit of DXing in.

Rather than having everyone wait a week or more for the complete Perseus files review, I'll pop out a few of the more interesting catches right away.

2100 UTC / 4 p.m. EST: 13 JAN
Romania - 756
Scotland - 810
Neither station was really strong but both were completely alone on channel.  This more than a half hour pre-sunset.

2200 UTC / 5 p.m. EST: 13 JAN
Romania - 603
Belgium - 621
Both relatively free of Spain interference.

On 1530, a sign-off of WJDM-NJ was directly followed by a sign-off of VOA Sao Tome.  No sign of WVBF or WCKY.

Audio clips of these will be made available when I put a 2018 links HTML page together.

TA antenna is now back in operation as a cardioid (null west).  That was a must-do since operating it as bidirectional east-west was rubbish for foreign DX.  (On the other hand it was great for hearing anything, even peanut power, from NYC metro,)

The south antenna is temporarily configured as bidirectional (figure-of-8, pick-up lobes 165 / 345 deg.) until I fix up a transformer box.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA
(grid FN41vq)

--- End Message ---