 Subject: Re: [IRCA] Kona dial tune 0630 U
 To: "irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Sunday, January 7, 2018, 7:58 PM

 I'm curious, looking at the map, if anyone
 has tried to listen from the westernmost island of Hawai'i
 instead of from Kona. Is Kona a sort of sweet spot where
 someone once saw that the signals were superior or is there
 another reason for this specific location, historically
 speaking? It seems that things on the outlying islands could
 be quieter than on the Big Island. I mean, it's a tad harder
 to access and fewer services, but for hardcore DXers (of
 which anyone heading to Kona or the Pacific coast typically
 are), it would be do-able. Heck, for FM DXing, I used to
 climb a mountain just to get to my spot and would regularly
 climb 2,000+ foot mountains for my bandscans. You do what
 you have to do to get the signals you want.

 -Chris Kadlec