Re: [IRCA] Kona dial tune 0630 U

Good questions - I am not sure what the history of the Big Island DX scene is -

What Iâve observed is that there are 3 distinct kind of Island DXERS:

A.) people like Gary DeBock who go out of their way to break new ground and push it to the limit by tackling the West facing DX in Asian and Oceania.

B.) The homesick DXERS who are leather bent for hearing North American stations only from Hilo, Kauai or Maui because they are intimidated by foreign languages like Japanese and strange hypnotic North Korean choirs and Sabre ratting harangues...

And finally...

C.) People like me who take a half-assed approached to DXing - bringing great equipment but too lazy to crow the day or explore much outside of my highly limited comfort zone.

People like DeBock and others on here are inspiring and if not for them Iâd likely moved on to other hobbies (like the hour + a day I dedicate to guitar playing or the daily look at electronics design. )

Iâm sure thereâs a historic side to Hawaiian DXing â I just donât have the answers.

Colin Newell - Victoria - B.C. CANADA -