[IRCA] Ralph Sanserino loop preamps

IRCA,

Ralph Sanserino while he was still with us, made and sold a preamp to go with his loop antennas. I seem to recall the radio / preamp hooked to the loop differently then the radio without the preamp. Without the preamp each end of the loop was conected to each end of a variable cap. Then one single loop went around the outside of 12 turn loop and each end of it connected to a cable going to the radio.

With the preamp I seem to remember you did not use the single loop on the outside of the larger 12 turn loop, but I cannot remember how the preamp / radio got connected to the loop.ÂÂ If any one has one of these and / or remembers how the preamp connect to the loop and the radio please contact me off list and let me know.

Thanks,

Steve

--
Stephen Hawkins NG0G