Re: [IRCA] RADIO MARIA-1240

--- Begin Message ---
Since I have a 1240 local (WBAS) that is somewhat southerly of here, I won't have a shot at this unless that station goes off.

Nulling WBAS gets me northerly stations such as WSYY Millinocket, ME.

What I could suggest is monitoring 1240 at various times of day on the Bonaire KiwiSDR:
http://bonaire.twrmon.net:8073

Pete, were any TA's audible during your trip?  How many US stations made it down there?  Any other comments about Caribbean / South America / Central America stations not recently reported by East Coast DXpeditions (PEI, ME, NJ, etc.) or in logs submitted by me and other eastern DXers such as Conti, Naud, Willie, etc.?

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA

<<
I just completed a quickie Caribbean cruise (Ft. L., St. Thomas, Martinique, Grenada, Bonaire, Cura?ao) and at night in St. Thomas, noted a Radio Maria on 1240. It was pretty weak there but got progressively stronger as we headed southward. I Googled it and found a Radio Maria on 1240 in the Dominican Republic; it is not in WRTVH. I vaguely recall from 5-10 years ago a 100+kw station on 1240 planned for somewhere in Brazil but don?t recall ever seeing anything like this reported.

Any ideas on what this might be?

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n