[IRCA] Ethics

I believe now is the time to address the issue of implementing a
*standard* within
this email reflector - this effort is twofold:

1.) Establish a mission statement or strategic plan for the IRCA reflector
that cultivates a culture of sharing, congeniality and respectfulness.

And

2.) Addresses the current (and albeit occasional) lack of decorum, conduct
and disrespectful behaviour to others regarding but not limited to:
Capitalizing on other peoples mistakes, lack of knowledge or being within a
different point of their learning curve, or engaging in bullying, demeaning
aggressive and/or passive/aggressive behaviour which is not conducive in
fostering a friendly, knowledgeable or respectful environment.

A very basic code of conduct or shared value system would keep any and all
discussion threads and the list service respectful as a whole.

An all too common example: *"I really don't think you heard that station"
or insinuating " didn't you know that?"*
Or having to tell a person to stop being disrespectful.

These examples are rarely if ever positive and do not contribute to an open
dialog or promote our hobby as a whole.

If one wants to dispute another *dxer* in a challenging or disrepectful
manner, contact that *dxer* personally off the main reflector.... and take
your chances.

If there are standards already in place, then they need to be observed or
modified to fit our demographic, our mission and our vision.

Todd Skaine

I, Colin Newell, approve of this message.