[IRCA] âRe: First Thoughts on the Skywave SSB Portable

Hi Gary,

Well, there's someone across the valley from you who's also eager to do an
antenna transplant to his Skywave SSB  :^)  I've been considering whether
to attach a 7.5" Amidon rod antenna or try something else made from parts
on-hand.

Because of the SSB mode I haven't thought of this radio as an Ultralight
contender, but as a fun little radio for DXing apart from ULR pursuits.

I'm also considering adding a line-out jack like I did to the original
Skywave, as there may be line-level audio ports on this particular SiLabs
chip as there is on the non-SSB SiLabs chip model. This mod takes good
magnification, a tiny soldering iron tip, and a very steady hand though!

Good DX,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, wA