[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, December 2-8, 2017

--- Begin Message ---
Disregard previous post --- computer decided to Send it before I had finished editing!

All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT` during EST; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-05 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire. FRG-7 is no longer in use.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page64
[over 268,000 views! as of December 8, 2017]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 333 kHz, Dec 7 at 0708 UT, beacon QE and dash, but not listed. Must really be QT, in Thunder Bay, Ontario, dah instead of a dit.

341 kHz, Dec 7 at 0710 UT, beacon YYU, no dash, mixing at different pitch, so not exactly same frequency as my local on 341, EI Enid. YYU is in Kapuskasing, Ont., also per http://www.dxinfocentre.com/ndb.htm

That`s neat; I was not expecting anything so exotic on a rare foray into the LW NDB area. Kapuskasing was also the location of a hot analog TVDX target years ago (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA [and non]. 860, Dec 7 at 0658 UT, French mixing with C&W and at 0700 mixing with KKOW ID, I do detect ``PremiÃre`` as CBC French calls itself, but that`s not enough, as there are two of them, CJBC Toronto, 50/50 kW U1, more likely; and slightly further (1883 vs 1766 km), CBKF-2 Saskatoon, 10/10 kW U4; presumably // during informations en sommet de l`heure, but otherwise deux timezones apart for programmation. DFing would nail it but I`m not on the DX-398. CBKF-2 has major lobes N and S, day and night, with nulls toward Toronto and Prince Rupert (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 660, Dec 8 at 0115 UT, Navajo drumming and chanting, dominating, so again suspect it`s ND rather than protecting NYC. Official FCC December sunset for KTNN Window Rock AZ is 0000 UT. This programming *really* stands out, making any further ID unnecessary.

A bit earlier I was also hearing cheater KHAC, 880-USB, and echoey KKOB & KKOB, 770. NYC is just out of luck (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 880-CUSB, Dec 2 at 1328 UT, `Creation Moment` nonsense, 1330 UT no ID and into `Parenting Today`s Teens`, neither in Navajo, but obviously KHAC Tse Bonito NM, right across from Window Rock AZ, as E/W DF also fits, and totally overcomes KRVN from the N. (Also just had C&W from E/W on 660-DSB, no doubt weaker neighbor, 50 kW ND KTNN). KHAC obviously on 10 kW ND day power as usual (always?), not 430 watts ND night. Them cheatin` Indians, or rather Anglo missionary impositions by Western Indian Ministries. FCC shows KHAC`s legal SR/SS times for December are 1415 and 2400 UT. And, standard remark about noting the very few SSB US MW stations! (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1440, Dec 8 at 0059 UT, in the mix a variety of tones past 0103 UT; they are not pure, not musical, and are random pitches and durations rather than sweeps or some kind of intentional testing. Can`t get a DF on it as equal on N/S and E/W antennas (which might mean it`s roughly NE/SW, or NW/SE) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---