Re: [IRCA] Fwd: 846

My first recording had a mention of "the capital, Tarawa" before an interview with a 17 year old, Rosa ???, but still haven't found any ID yet.

best wishes,

Nick

At 07:14 2017-12-02, R. Colin Newell wrote:

Good modulation tonight - and someone who listens to the 5+ minute weather forecast is going to hear something.

Based on everything else Iâ??m hearing tonight - Iâ??d say this is a new installation - 10 to 20 kw. My best guess Kiribati.

https://youtu.be/u0ajTyt8cfA

Colin Newell - Victoria - B.C. CANADA -

> On Dec 1, 2017, at 10:50 PM, Bruce Portzer <bportzer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I'm getting it tonight at 0645UT, fair carrier, but no audio as near as I can tell. Maybe it's a new relay on one of the outer islands?
>
> Bruce in Seattle
>
>> On 12/1/2017 06:24, Nick Hall-Patch wrote:
>> Thanks Mauno. I'd been trying to stay up late enough to check a NZ web receiver, but didn't make it.
>>

>> I wonder what the story is there? Accidental reactivation of an old transmitter? Certainly its carrier strength on 846 was impressive last night. Maybe I should be checking 1440 hi.
>>
>> best wishes,
>>
>> Nick

Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC