[IRCA] South Africa on 702kHz heard in Maine

Sometimes it takes awhile to find âthe sweet spotâ in a weeks worth of wav files.

2100utc on Nov. 13 is such a spot apparently.

I donât know what the sun was doing while I was at Quoddy House near Lubec, Maine but Iâve got a recording of at least three IDs for LM Radio on 702kHz in this cut:

http://realmonitor.com/qh10/171113/qh100/2100/south_africa-702.wav

Youâll need your headphones.

First a female announcer at :13 says âLM Radioâ then a guy says âSet your time to LM timeâ with a ding-dong doorbell sound at :23 and then goes into a announcement of frequencies, including 702 AM, and near the end of the cut thereâs another clear mention of LM Radio by a male announcer at :46.

Iâve just begun digging thru this wav file and have unIDs on 639, 648 and 972 for that matter!

Bill Whitacre
Alexandria, VA