Re: [IRCA] Cloud storage of SDR recordings

My problem is I get "greedy" whenever some great conditions are present, and I'll make an overnight recording, instead of just TOH / BOH, and then I get "lazy" and don't review them right away. After a while of doing that, even 4TB starts filling up quick!

I guess too it depends on the software used for recording, and the bandwidth recorded. I have an ELAD FDM-S2, and I've found that SDR-Console makes the smallest data files, so I use that more often than the software that comes with the ELAD.

I do agree with Russ that having more than one backup is a good idea. (That's a good idea no matter what the application!)

As an aside, here's what I've noticed in the past for recording using different software (bandwidth = 1536 kHz or thereabouts, for the entire MW band):

HDSDR: 41.2 GB / hr
ELAD FDM-SW2: 30.7 GB / hr
SDR-Console: 22.1 GB /hr

I also like using SDR-Console for recording, not just because the data files are smaller, but also because the generated data files can be read by all three of the other programs. If I use FDM-SW2, it can only be played back in FDM-SW2, and not the other two. Not a big deal, really, unless I want to share data files with someone.

Mark