[IRCA] AM BCB DX……… 3 NEW Stations Heard…..

Hi Guys:

Here is my Report for the last week. I didn't have a lot of time to review recordings this week as we were Dismantling my 50 Radio Tower and the FM/TV/HAM Antennas that were on top of it. I have decided to mount these Antennas on Poles near the Back Deck, where they are more accessible for Maintenance. I'm getting too Old to deal with Antennas up 50-70 Feet in the air!!

3 New Stations logged this time around,  and a few NEW CALL Logs as well.  Conditions seemed to favour the EAST/WEST, with the SOUTH not doing as well.

My Wellbrook Loop was already mounted low to the Ground on the Back Deck…so it was not affected by the Antenna Moves……...

RECEIVER is………… ELAD FDM-S2 SDR

ANTENNA is…………WELLBROOK ALA-1530LNP  Imperium Loop

AM BCB TOTALS are now………………     2,065   Stations Heard

73……ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

1010  WMIN  Sauk Rapids, MINNESOTA  Oct/26/17  1852 EDT    EE     FAIR
Under CFRB Toronto.
Old Standards Music. Songs by Matt Munro "On a Wonderful Day", Carly Simon "Oh Danny Boy".
// To Live Webfeed and 4 Songs in a Row Matched. Male DJ with Talk between songs.

Thanks to SAUL CHERNOS - Burnt River, ON. for the Tip!!

NEW STN                    1.7 kW/240 Watts
ROSS, ON.
640  WMFN  Peotone, ILLINOIS  Oct/28/17  1843 EDT    Spanish/EE      VG
Spanish/Mexican Oompah Music @ 1843 EDT. Male DJ with ID in EE @ 1846 as
"WMFN 640 AM has a few good hours available……"  "Call 248-557-3500" , Which is BIRACH
Broadcasting's Number.
More SS Mexican Music and Vocals right thru the TOH. No ID on hour…...

NEW STN (EX-Zeeland, MICHIGAN)            4.4/1.6 kW
ROSS, ON.
1450  WTSA  Brattleboro, VERMONT  Oct/29/17  0700 EDT      EE     FAIR
Outta the Mush…..Male DJ with ID @ 0700 EDT as "ESPN 1450 WTSA - Vermont's Sports ???"
Into ESPN Sports talk @ 0700.

NEW STN           GRAVEYARDER # 218 Heard             1 kW
ROSS, ON.
1110  WMVX  Salem, NEW HAMPSHIRE  Oct/25/17  0659 EDT     EE    GOOD
Ads for the Merrimack Valley @ 0659 EDT. ID by Male DJ @ 0700 as "WMVX - Salem, W255DA - Salem,
a Costa Eagle Media Station". Jingle Sung out by Females "98.9 American Top 40??". Into a
Beatles song.

RELOG….…But NEW CALLS - EX-WCCM                 5 kW DAYTIMER
ROSS, ON.
1200  WYSN  Huntington, WEST VIRGINIA   Oct/26/17   0800 EDT       EE     FAIR
Male DJ with ID @ 0800 EDT as "AM 1200 WYSN - Huntington".
Into SRN News.

RELOG…….But NEW CALLS - EX - WZPS               22 kW/9 Watts
ROSS, ON.
1140  KXRB  Sioux Falls, SOUTH DAKOTA   Oct/26/17  1900 EDT      EE     FAIR
ID by Male DJ @ 1900 EDT as "1140 AM KXRB - Sioux Falls" "Real Country Music - Right here".
Into C/W Music.

Under WRVA - Richmond, VA.

RELOG……..But NEW CALLS  - EX - KSOO                 10/5 kW
ROSS, ON.
930  WPKX  Rochester, NEW HAMPSHIRE  Oct/25/17  0700 EDT     EE    FAIR
Male DJ with ID @ 0700 EDT as "This is WPKX - AM - Rochester, an I-Heart Radio Station and home
of UNH Sports - FOX Sports 930". Into Fox Sports Trending @ 0700.
No Sign of WBEN - Buffalo!

RELOG             5 kW
ROSS, ON.
960  CFAC  Calgary, ALBERTA  Oct/27/17  0659 EDT      EE     FAIR
In a Jumble…..
Male DJ with Local Weather @ 0659 EDT. Spot for "TSN Breaking News" @ 0700.

RELOG                       50 kW
ROSS, ON.
900  KREH  Pecan Grove, TEXAS  Oct/28/17  0658 EDT      Vietnamese      FAIR
Under CHML Hamilton, ON.
Asian Music and Vocals in presumed Vietnamese with String and percussion instruments.
Tx in Vietnamese @ 0702 and into more similar Music. No ID heard but only 3 Choices here
on 900 Khz, and the other 2 are in California, and one of those is RELIGIOUS.

Only the 2nd time heard here…..

RELOG                5 kW/10 Watts
ROSS, ON.
560  WGAN  Portland, MAINE  Oct/30/17   0700 EDT      EE      FAIR
ID by Male DJ @ 0700 EDT as "105.5 - AM 560 News Radio WGAN". Into News @ 0700.

RELOG            5 kW
ROSS, ON.
650  WSRO  Ashland, MASSACHUSETTS  Oct/30/17  1730 EDT         PORTUGUESE     VG
Brasa-Pop Music 1730 EDT. Female with Portuguese Talk @ 1733. Male with Jingles/Ads in PP.
More Brasa-Pop Music.

RELOG             1.5 kW/100 Watts
ROSS, ON.
1220  WZBK  Keene, NEW HAMPSHIRE  Oct/29/17  0700 EDT     EE      FAIR
ID by Male DJ @ 0700 EDT as "We are the New Fox Sports Radio - FM 104.1 and 1220 WZBK-Keene".
"A Salem Media Group Station". Into "Fox Sports Trending" @ 0700.
Under WHKW Cleveland.

RELOG                     1 kW/146 Watts
ROSS, ON.
940   UNID   Unknown Calls/Location       Oct/26/17  0102 EDT       VG
Fast Oscillation and Whooping Sound. Possible Testing, Stunting, or something gone wrong with
some station's Transmitter.  No Talk or other Audio. Quite strong here. Apparently being heard
from NH to Michigan and points between.

Thanks to CHUCK REH - Leamington, ON. for the Tip!!

UNID
ROSS, ON.