Re: [IRCA] Old school logging

The timing of this thread is interesting, in light of what happened to me over the weekend.  File this one under the "miracle of miracles" category...

So I'm out at my parents' farmhouse yesterday for a family cookout.  At one point during the afternoon, I'm in a storage room upstairs looking through a box of some stuff that I owned many, many years ago before moving out in early 1991.  I stumble across one of those old glossy Mead folders.  Y'know, like the kind that high school and college students had back in the day as organizers.  I open it up and what do I find in it?  5 sheets of notebook paper on which are written my FM logsheet from Spirit Lake, Iowa dated 1995, plus both my AM and FM logsheets dated 1996 from Lafayette, Indiana.  Talk about finding a treasure trove!  Obviously, not ALL of my logbooks were thrown away when I left the hobby for 5 years starting in May 2005.   I wondered, though, how in the world these made it out to the farm, and then I remembered -- I brought them with me when I came home from Lafayette at Christmastime in 1996, a starter solenoid in my Chevy Cavalier went out on me while I was there, and I was so stressed out about the car that I left the folder behind in my room when I went back to Indiana.  So I figured I'd just grab it the next time I was back home, and then I forgot it again, and never did remember that it was there until yesterday.  The sheets are somewhat faded, as you might imagine they would be after this many years, so I'm in the process of transcribing my loggings onto new sheets of paper, and then the originals will get tossed.  Even though the loggings don't contain info about WHAT I heard, they still have dates and times on them, which says that I at least heard SOMETHING confirming that it was that station I heard at the time I heard it.  Finding the FM logsheets for Spirit Lake was especially ironic, timing-wise, as I'm going to be up there with Ernie Wesolowski this coming weekend.  All of the logsheets were in order by date, but I eventually will get them sorted by frequency onto new sheets were they can then be printed out from my e-mail.

73,

Rick Dau

South Omaha, Nebraska