[IRCA] IBOC/analog reception comparisons.

[IRCA] IBOC/analog reception comparisons.

A few days ago there was a discussion of IBOC vs analog signal strengths
and reception range.  At the time I mentioned I had seen from spectrum
scans I ran, a significant difference in IBOC sideband strength with
antennas of varying gain, as compared to the analog component of the
hybrid broadcast signal.

Not to restart that discussion, I just want to say that since then, I
have produced some composite spectrum scans of stations operating in
IBOC mode as received using different gain antennas.  I have placed
these on a web page which shows the phenomenon to which I was
referring.  This is strictly a graphic representation, not a technical
analysis, intended simply to illustrate my previous remarks.

For anyone interested, you can see this comparison page here:
    http://ScooterHound.com/WWWR/radio/sefliboc2.html
The original Southeast Florida AM IBOC Status page has been enhanced
somewhat and is here:
    http://ScooterHound.com/WWWR/radio/sefliboc.html

Comments and/or questions are welcome.

Curt