[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, August 26-September 1, 2017

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page61
[over 240,000 views! as of September 1, 2017]

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75Â E-W longwire

** MEXICO. 580, Aug 30 at 1136, XEMU with Spanish M&W discussing petrol price rises expected at HEB, Walmart, affecting Piedras Negras, due to TX refinery floodings (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 610, Aug 29 at 1132, choral NA, ID mentioning 106.1 FM, Sinaloa song, so it`s usual XEGS Guasave. Another one antheming on the semihour. Not // yet to 650 XETNT which is already programming (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 700, Aug 29 at 1143, open carrier with hum, about WSW/ENE, mixing with weaker stations in Spanish, English. Presumed XEGD, Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua, based on my previous logs from 2015y:

``700, June 6 at 1105 UT, timecheck for 6:05 on 88.1 FM, just as it`s hit by low rumbling het from another station cutting on the air, presumably XEGD Chihuahua. No 700s are listed with an FM 88.1, but must be XEDKR in Guadalajara, relaying Radio Red out of MÃxico DF which *is* also on 88.1 there``

``700, Feb 19 at 1259, big hum looping NE/SW on open carrier, 1300 Spanish news starts without any ID. Possibly two different stations, but I doubt it: hummer would be XEGD, La Poderosa, Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua, 5/1 kW per IRCA & CantÃ, 5/0.25 kW per WRTH`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 720, Aug 29 at 1158, Spanish has overcome KDWN, 1201 choral NA, into Chihuahua state song, 1203 music and sign-on but unreadable now. So XEJCC Ciudad JuÃrez (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 820, Aug 30 at 1200 UT, romantic Spanish song, 1203 seguà to a norteÃa, never mind any TOH IDs; weak and makes slow SAH with equally weak & nullable WBAP. Suspect it is the usual XEABCA, Mexicali BCN (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. Re: No KCTA heard for Harvey on 1030: Rather, 1030 is dominated by XEYC R. FÃrmula charlanoticias en JuÃrez --- I just notice altho WRTH 2017 has it among other 1030 stations, the frequency shown for it is ``1400``, where it was years before?! (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1893, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

    XEYC is a strange case.

    XEYC was on 1460 in 1986:
http://rpc.ift.org.mx/rpc/pdfs/090252648002bd9e.pdf

    By 2000, it was on 1030:
http://rpc.ift.org.mx/rpc/pdfs/090252648002bd9f.pdf

    Its 2009 concession lists 1460:
http://rpc.ift.org.mx/rpc/pdfs/090252648002bda0.pdf

    So too do the RPC, other legal documents, and the IFT tables (updated until 2016).

    But the station is quite clearly still on 1030.
http://radioformulajuarez.com/
(Raymie Humbert, AZ, Aug 27, WTFDA Forum via DXLD)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search August 27 at 1131: 747 from NW, i.e. Japan. Full 9-kHz bandscan the next 5 minutes unfinds any others except finally 756 very weak but seems WSW instead of NW; there is nothing DU greater than 10 kW on 756 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search August 29 at 1124-1128 UT, presunrise here of 1201: only found from WSW on 702 [not 701, typo in original report], 828; from west on 1098 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search August 30 at 1139-1145:
Looping WSW: 612, 657, 702 (yesterday typoed as 701), 738, 756, 1035.
Looping both WSW and NW, or rather no nulls: 774, Australia and Japan
Looping West: 1098
Looping NW only: 747, 828

738 is interesting, with Tahiti pest out of the way: there is a 50 kW in NSW. 1098 always assumed V7AB Marshalls; NW the bigsigs from NHK Japan. 1035 would like to be Solomons, more powerful than the single Aussie, but weaker than the Enzedder. Nothing detected above 1098, but the higher end, especially 1200-1500 has heavier QRM from all the domestix.

I don`t spend a lot of time doing this with only the DX-398 internal antenna, as I know I need more gain to succeed. Maybe if I ever get some signs of TP audio I will be motivated to get out of bed and fire up the NRD-545 & Wellbrook (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---