From: Joe Galicic <galicic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 1:22 PM
Subject: Topband: ZL3IX

Big surprise working ZL3IX at 1023Z this morning with only 100 watts and no
RX antenna up yet.  He was S9 at times !  I saw the spot but was sure I
wouldnât be able to hear him.  Boy was I surprised when I tuned to his
frequency and heard him like he was a local.  The amp wasnât warmed up yet
so I gave him a call with 100 watts and he came right back on the first try..

This is the second time I have experienced this phenomenon on 160.  I
worked VK3IO last year about the same time of year where he was very strong
and easy to work.  I will have to pay more attention to 160 this time of
year.

Fun !

Joe

N3HEE