Re: [IRCA] Southern Star New Zealand I-BLOCKED in Michigan

> On Aug 27, 2017, at 10:57 AM, Neil Kazaross <neilkaz58@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Good job, Tim! I thought you'd had at least audio traces from Star on 657
> before back a couple years ago before WSCR IBOC came back after being off
> for a couple of years. As for whether Star was coming from Wellington or
> Tauranga I am not sure how you can tell and I log things like that (very
> common with TA's) as synchros.

Hereâs what 657 Star sounds like in Grayland:

http://realmonitor.com/grayland16/170808/cse2/1300/nz-657.wav

Sometimes better but you get the idea.

Sorry, itâs the only way I can âcompete.â  ;-))

> Bill have you ever had any definite audio from DU's from Arlington? That
> would be quite an accomplishment if you could log one from DC area.

Very close but just like Tahiti on 738 - not quite.  Came close last year when you and Tim were having fun but either I had a carrier on 1098 that wouldâve produced audio had there been any or couldnât quite pull it out of 1548 or 774 or 702.

Now, Iâm afraid, the QRN is even worse and itâs pretty unlikely to get much beyond carriers.

I got TPs back in 2009 here in DC but doubt thatâd be possible now with QRN.

Sad.  Must travel for DX.