Re: [IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, July 28-August 3, 2017

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page60
[over 233,000 views! as of August 4, 2017]

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75Â E-W longwire

** MEXICO. 540, August 3 at 1055, choral NA already playing from WSW, 1058 as expected ``La Ranchera de PaquimÃ``, XETX sign-on full ID from Nuevo Casas Grandes, Chihuahua, along with 90.5 FM, street address, Grupo BM Radio (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 540, August 3 at 1058, having just heard XETX sign on, now there is another Mexican NA in its null toward the SSE, and 1100 ID as ``Los Cuarenta``, i.e. XEWA, San LuÃs PotosÃ, SLP.

At this angle I am also getting a low het, but no time to pin it down, suspected Nicaragua where Managua sunrise is not until 1132 vs 1140 here. On July 8 until 0459*, Bruce Conti in NH measured R. CorporaciÃn on 539.859 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 660, August 3 at 1103, choral NA from SSW, 1105 into music but interjecting ``La Kaliente 102.9``, i.e. XEEY, Aguascalientes2, 50/10 kW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710.0, August 3 at 1106, bit of ``Ode to Joy`` theme, or rather whatever hymn has stolen its tune, and sermon in Spanish about el muro de JerusalÃn. Voice sounds like same guy I frequently hear a few minutes later in bajoalemÃn, i.e. XEDP, La Ranchera de CuauhtÃmoc, Chihuahua, not on the off-frequency transmitter at the moment. Maybe he appreciates Beethoven (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific MW carrier search: the ``season`` has begun --- I`d rather be sleeping, but since I`m awake, August 3 at 1047, a quick check for TP carriers, on 9 kHz steps via the handheld DX-398: Yes, JBA ones detected only on 774 from the WSW, i.e. 3LO Melbourne, Australia; and at 1049, 1098 kHz from the west, i.e. V7AB, Marshall Islands. Sunrise here: 1140 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---