Re: [IRCA] CHAT 1270 update

Hi Pat:

According to my FM Atlas, there are 4 FM stations in Dawson Creek. CBQK,
which is a repeater of CBU-690; CBUF-7, which is the CBC's French network;
CHRX-1, which is a relay of CHRX in Ft St John; and CHAD. I've heard both
CBQK and CHRX-1 from my location here so I know they don't rebroadcast CJDC.
What CHAD broadcasts I have no idea though it's only a small transmitter
with an output of just 30W. Tumbler Ridge has 3 FM stations, CBTU (CBU
relay); VF-2501 which is a relay for CFMI in New Westminster and CJDC-1
which, as you said, relays CJDC-890.

I had the same thought as you last week, so I did a search on the CRTC's
site, but I was unable to find anything relating to a FM relay for CJDC in
Dawson Creek. So I think I'm fairly safe in saying that there isn't one.
Which isn't a problem as I can fairly easily phase CJDC out. CKYL, that's a
compltely different matter!!

Mike in St Isidore AB