[IRCA] July 2016 International Rockwork 4 DXpedition-- the Japanese Report

For those interested in new photos, videos and the Japanese description of last year's Rockwork 4 International DXpedition, a PDF file has been prepared by Hiroo Nakagawa and Satoshi Miyauchi, the Japanese participants. To my knowledge, this was the first major Japanese / North American Medium Wave DXpedition, and most of the participants were from foreign countries http://my-bcl-life.sakura.ne.jp/PROPAGATION5.pdf

Included is Satoshi's translation of Nick's excellent, detailed study documenting the enhanced transoceanic propagation at the Rockwork 4 cliff site (north of Manzanita) in comparison to a nearby flat ocean beach site at Nehalem Bay. This article was part of the annual "Propagation" magazine of the Totsuka DXer Circle (in the Tokyo area), with exceptional cover art by the famous Japanese manga artist Shinya Hasegawa (also a DXer). Nick is the real lucky one, with plans to participate in a Japanese DXpedition soon with these same DXers.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)