From: "Chris Kadlec" <beaglebass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 4, 2017 1:44:43 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Craig Barnes' TP-DXpedition to Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii (Part Three)

1089 I got no more than you from these, aside from that certainly being NHK
2's English education programming. As for Chinese, too hard to know if it's
Fuzhou or Shenyang here.

1134 This is KBS 2R Happy FM seemingly in a news break. Programming is
usually popular music, but this is nonetheless clearly Korean language with
mentions of the US, so it's certainly Hwaseong (Seoul-Incheon). If the
recording were later after KBS is off the air for the night, it'd be a
certain easy to receive Tokyo.

1143 Yeah, presumed at best, the Fisheries station.

1188 Hard to hear, honestly. I don't really understand what I'm hearing,
which indicates it's more likely Japanese NHK R1. It depends on the time of
night it was heard as to what programming is airing. I'll ask a Korean
friend for a more certain assessment as he'll be able to pick out details I
can't hear.

1242 is playing Keira Knightley "A Step You Can't Take Back". I agree, it's
probably Tokyo.

-Chris Kadlec
Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide
http://www.beaglebass.com/dx/seoul