Re: [IRCA] Craig Barnes' TP-DXpedition to Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii (Part One)

--- Begin Message ---
Chris,

Thank you for your comments. I did not bring my laptop, so I have working off my phone. I appreciate the expertise all have contributed.

73

Craig Barnes
DXing from Princeville, HI
(Off to Kona tomorrow)

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 28, 2017, at 5:14 PM, d1028gary@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> Thanks for your comments, Chris.
>
> Craig has recorded about 40 videos (on his iPhone) of TP-DX that he has received in Kauai, almost all of which is completely unfamiliar to him (he is a DXer from Colorado, where big guns like 774-JOUB and 1566-HLAZ might show up with weak audio on a good day). As time allows, I'm attempting to help him sort out all the unfamiliar languages and stations, as well as give him tips on using the new "Frequent Flyer" FSL antenna. The challenge at this point is to organize all the information into a format which will be useful to the other TP-DXpeditioners. Craig probably was hoping to receive a lot of TP-DX during his Hawaii vacation, but in this case it seems to remind one of the admonition "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it." But I'm sure that he will catch on.
>
> <<< 693 This is Portuguese and it's Brazilian Portuguese. My cousin in Brazil
> confirmed this fact, but no more specific than that. >>>
>
> Yes, that 693 video has already been run by European language experts in the Yahoo Real DX group, who have not only confirmed that the language is Brazilian Portuguese, but that the source was the all-too-common NHK2 (Japanese) big gun station JOAB in Tokyo. What better way to clutter up a high priority DX frequency?
>
> Gary

>>> level (with 1 kHz het) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHM2Zr5rw-M
>>> 594 JOAK Tokyo, Japan Japanese male speech on April 23rd
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpu9Pfe4bSg
>>> 603 HLSA Namyang, S. Korea (presumed) Korean-sounding music on April 23rd
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP9qXtW8Z50
>>> Korean speech on April 23rd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMtJTDlN6C0
>>> 657 Pyongyang BS Pyongyang, N. Korea (presumed) Typical music on April
>>> 23rd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gqomMDgMkM
>>> 693 JOAB Tokyo, Japan Strong (S9) recording of 1600 TOH on April 25th
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIvrt7wZdLA
>>> Strong (S9) recording of ID and sign off (NHK2 music box) on April 25
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifkMafDYFEY
>>> Bizarre Portuguese transmission on April 23rd
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHQ9Trh7wSI
>>> 711 HLKA Seoul, S. Korea (presumed) Strong Korean-sounding music on April
>>> 25 https://youtu.be/L3JUkr0_Is0
>>> 765 China CNR5? Strong Chinese speech received on April 24th
>>> https://youtu.be/i1tmWDUwkeY
>>> 783 China Voice of Straight? Strong (near S9) Chinese male speech on
>>> April 23rd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI-3LZ_dwFg
>>>
>>> Craig Barnes (of Wheat Ridge, Colorado)
>>> DXing in a Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii Condo
>>> Stock Tecsun PL-310 Ultralight + 5 inch "Frequent Flyer" FSL antenna

--- End Message ---