Re: [IRCA] Recent DX from Burnt River ON

Re: [IRCA] Recent DX from Burnt River ON

Thanks for the information. However, I assure you, diodes and me don't get along. I can barely solder! But I'll give it a looksee.

I checked the Thomas site earlier today. The couplers are still listed. Maybe I'll give one of those a shot.

Thanks for asking about my Father. When I get down there Wednesday, I'll be sure and tell him about the dozens of folks out there in Radioland that are thinking about him.

Bert New
Watkinsville, Georgia
Proudly Serving You Since 1964!

Ira,

I have used my 2010 numerous times connected to 1500+
ft. BOGs. I used the factory supplied antenna
connector with 4 diodes wired up inside the little
plastic box to block possible static charge on the
antenna wire from damaging the 1st stage FET. I found
the circuit on a 2010 web site. It may have been Steve
Whitt's site, it's been a long time. Works like a
charm. If you do a Google search on the 2010 you will
find a variety of interesting resources for the 2010.
Another option would be a ferrite bar coupler. I think
Gerry Thomas still makes them. You may wish to check
on his DX-Tools website. He's a real asset to the
hobby and great to deal with. I would like to add that
your father and your family are in my prayers.

73s

Craig Barnes
Wondervu, CO

--- "Ira Elbert New, III" <ien3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You hooked up a 1000' Long Wire to your SANGEAN ATS
909? How did that work out for you? Easy or hard? I woud like to do that,
but I've heard you can fry the front end that way. I would also love to
hook something up to my SONY ICF-2010, but I'm scared of the same thing.
Should I just bite the bullet and give it a shot? Anyone?

SC-ON ? Saul Chernos, Burnt River ? Sangean ATS909
with Radio Shack loop and 3 1000' longwires.