[IRCA] One from the way back machine

I had been saying to myself recently, "Remember the good old days in
the 1970's and 1980's when we looked forward to the arrival of
our favourite DX Club magazine?

And how I wished that it would have been nice to keep a
couple of copies of my personal favourite, SPEEDX.

Although my contributions were generally pretty light, it was one
of the highlights of the DX/SWL experience: to actually contribute to
something - to be part of something as exciting as DXing was way back when.

I had done a few Google searches over the years - finding nothing other than
a footnote in history - a short explanation of what SPEEDX was and its
impact on the scene. Imagine my delight when I found an online resource of
dozens and dozens of PDF downloads of the magazines!

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Speedx.htm

Some months and years are missing but there is hope that those
of us that held on to the zines over the years may fill in the holes.

I imagine a few of us on HCDX, IRCA and others were part of this mania
at the time - there was nothing like it in the years to come - Sure, these
are interesting radio times
but there was something about the early days of youth and innocence and the
sheer freshness of the radio experience early on.

And to those of you on the list, that were once members of a Shortwave radio
club with a monthly self-published zine... Hello! Remember the good old
days?

--
Colin Newell - Editor and creator *of *Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> and DXer.ca <http://www.DXer.ca> -