Re: [IRCA] WFLI No Go for Test - 7 PM tomorrow they go off

We appreciate the effort.  Always nice to have a (rare these days) DX test, but sometimes it just isn't to be. Sad to see a legendary station like this one come to an end. That's our AM band, always in transition. Old stations go away and new ones are being born.

Mike

________________________________
From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Dave Hascall <dhinfomedia@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:26 AM
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Scott Fybush
Subject: [IRCA] WFLI No Go for Test - 7 PM tomorrow they go off

I tried for a last minute test from WFLI 1070-TN but no go.  I called a
number that I found for WFLI, online and the gentleman was very nice but it
can't happen.

He noted that they had an engineer that every two weeks or so, would leave
it on "full power for 15-20 minutes but this engineer doesn't do that."

He said this late doesn't help.  He added that at 7 PM tomorrow night,
that's it.  I thanked him and wished them well.  I THOUGHT I had them in my
logbook, already.  I don't.

I tried. :)

73,
Dave in indy (Noblesville)

International Radio Club of America<http://www.ircaonline.org/>
www.ircaonline.org
Web Site for the International Radio Club of America