[IRCA] TP DX Report March 28 Rockaway Beach

--- Begin Message ---
Propagation conditions were down this morning. My report seems rather sparse compared to the last two mornings. I listened from 1305 to 1500.

594 Male and female speaking followed by female singing in spurts, fading inand out

693 female speaking, deep fades, fair on peaks

774 The star of the show this morning with the best consistency. EE lesson, strong for quite a while

1422 very weak fluttery audio, under adjacent channel spatter

1566 male and female speaking, subject to deep fades, fair to good on peaks

Hets were received on 621, 702, 891, 972 and 1098.

At Kalaloch I oriented the FSL at about 310 degrees. This morning I used JOUB as an indicator for optimal direction under these weaker TP propagation conditions. JOUB was best at about 260 degrees, so I DXed at that directional setting.

I imagine as Richard Allen alluded to, if I was in Colorado, I doubt that there would be so much as a het to be had. I'm feeling somewhat spoiled by the conditions during my first morning DX session at Kalaloch. I also wonder if the Olympic Mountains to the east of that location help attenuate some of the BCB signals from the lower 48.

Best of DX

Craig Barnes
Tecsun PL-310, 3.5 in FSL
DXing from Rockaway Beach, OR