Re: [IRCA] WFLI Chattanooga To Go Dark

--- Begin Message ---
Hi All:
I first heardWFLI in the late '60s running a full-power test on a Monday morning when my local (in Port Huron) CHOK was off. Anybody know the reason for this? High operating and maintenance costs, a la CKSL, or can't get parts, a la WDOD? A look at Radio Locator shows a lot of stations in the immediate area and, though they use three towers in the daytime and 4 at night, the strong S.E. lobes of both suggest some of those towers may be common. Given the number of strong signals in that comparatively small market, I wonder how anyone makes money in radio there anyway.
73David