[IRCA] My Best DX Catches

>From Marks, Mississippi:

67 Watter ND
KKAY 1590 White Castle, LA
350 Miles Away
I called the station Sunday to verify they were on 67 watts and infact,  they
were. The signal was good enough that I could "copy" an announcement  running
about their license renewal complete with mailing address!

250 Watter/DA South
KLEB-AM 1600
Golden Meadow, LA
390 Miles Away
Heard several mentions of The Rajun Cajun and KLEB!

50,000 Watter ND
KNBR-AM 680
San Francisco, CA
2100 Miles away
The signal was horrible, but I heard mentions of ESPN 680 and 1050 with
partial calls, KN_R. A web search revealed it was KNBR.

On one night in Mississippi, I heard and CONFIRMED three different stations
on 1390Khz all within 15 minutes! the stations were:

KULP El Campo,  TX
KZAR Rogers, AR
WMER Meridian, MS

>From Colchester & Norwich, CT

100,000 Watts/840 feet HAAT
KMXC-FM 97.3
Sioux Falls, SD
many many miles!!
I heard many mentions of Mix 97.3 and several ads for Sioux Falls  Busineses

100,000 Watts/1602 feet
KNWC-FM 96.5 Sioux Falls, SD
Heard religious programming on and just  waited for a legal id!

In Marks, Mississippi my reciever was a kenwood tuner with simple speaker
wire

in Colchester/Norwich, CT my radio was even simpler.. an Aiwa Boombox with
speaker wire run thru the former antenna screw point

I figure my wonderful DX in Mississippi had something do with the fact i  was
living right above a ground system and within a few dozen yards of a 1/2
wave tower. I wasn't connected to them at all though

Paul Walker
EX-WTIR 1300/Rama Communications Employee