Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2017 9:21 PM
To: America, Mailing
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 1566-HLAZ (and Jammer) S9 at 1248

Richard,

Thanks for reminding me about John's vernal equinox comment. He used to say similar things to me about Oklahoma, although when he told me that the best DU conditions here in the Northwest were during the dog days of summer, I thought he was pulling my leg. It sounded like wacky science fiction. Anyway I saw what he was getting at Grayland in July and August, and became a true believer. We designed the Eton E100 "Slider" loopstick together in July of 2008, and I was able to get 639-Fiji and 1035-NZB on that thrilling Ultralight (assisted by the CFJ455K5 filter mod by Guy Atkins).

John would have very proud to see your 702-2BL and 774-3LO receptions on your Ultralight + FSL combination in Oklahoma, and the multiple all-time new DU's with similar pocket radios and antennas on the Oregon cliffs. He would have been the first DXer to push his luck right along with us, regardless of the odds.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)