[IRCA] OT 2014 Dodge Caravan radio question

I recently bought a 2014 Dodge Caravan as my old 1997 finally quit. Anyway, I like the vehicle, but I found the AM section of the radio nearly useless (FM and CD are fine). The noise level was terrible with computer noise. Yesterday in checking the antenna was not too tight. I tightened the antenna and the noise is gone. The signal strength could be better. I have not taken the radio out to check, but is there a peaking screw (cap) like there used to be? Anyone know? I see there are AM boosters for car radios, but I presume that may generate noise.

Any thoughts?  The old Caravan AM sections were pretty decent in sensitivity, but not many listen to AM now. Thanks.

Patrick

Patrick Martin Seaside OR KGED QSL Manager