Re: [IRCA] Oklahoma TP DX 1/20/17

--- Begin Message ---
Even an ordinary SuperLoop, Flag, or Kaz should be able to dump WTAM down to nothing.

I'm a similar distance from WTAM in the opposite direction.  SuperLoop nulling 255 deg. / peaking 75 deg. largely clobbers WTAM to leave two co-channel Colombians, a Cuban, and Radio Globo from Brazil.  TA's such as Spain 1098 are helped.  If I moved the antenna to null at 270 deg. (due west), I'd scrape up another 5 or so dB or WTAM nulling.

These antennas are not hard to build and need less amplification than the DKAZ.

http://www.bamlog.com/superloop.htm
http://www.bamlog.com/vartermloop.htm
http://www.bamlog.com/flag.htm
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/pictures1/dual_feedline_superloop.gif
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/pictures1/dual_feedline_flag_antenna.gif
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/pictures1/dual_coax_feedline_flag_antenna.gif

I don't have the greater than 100 ft. / 30m unobstructed spread in any of the directions that would benefit DXing here.  DKAZ here isn't going to be likely.  If I did put one up, I think one end or the other would be too close to noisy power lines.  Also, for that reason, arrays are definitely out.

At least the two SuperLoops I have here (at a right angle to each other) do reasonably well.

If you can install a DKAZ, by all means do so.  It would be great.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA

<<
Neil:

I realize some form of aerial phasing would be beneficial in eliminating unwanted interference. And, I've thought seriously about erecting a DKAZ array, but so far laziness tends to intervene.

Richard.

--- End Message ---