[IRCA] Radio Stamps

--- Begin Message ---
>From member Neil Carleton:
---
Itâs been my experience over the years, writing andbroadcasting about radio on stamps, thatÂmany radio amateurs and SW / MW /FM enthusiasts also have philatelic interests.ÂÂMy radio stamps collection started in 1980 after Ichanced upon Radio Sweden while exploring the shortwave bands with my newFRG-7. Part of the program that evening was about radio stations thatwere featured on postage stamps. Over the next 36 years my collectionexpanded to cover 32 radio topics on stamps.ÂPrecursors- Patron Saint - Inventors and Pioneers - Magnetic Field and Ionosphere - TimeZones - Radio Telegraphy - Morse Code â Radios â Headphones â Speakers âMicrophones - Tubes and Circuits - Listening to Radio - Radio Stations andBroadcasting Services - Radio Studios - Radio at Sea - Radio in the Air - Radioin the Arctic and Antarctic - Fixed Radio Links - Mobile Radio - Radio andMeteorology - Radio at War â INTERPOL - Radio and Medicine - LongitudeDetermination by Radio - Amateur Radio - Radio Exhibitions - The RadioRevolution - Radio Conferences, Events, Organizations - Radio Trade UnionCongresses - EKKO stamps - Radio Towers, Waves, Symbols - Radio DirectionFindingÂRadiowas also a special interest during my classroom career.http://www. canadianteachermagazine.com/ archives/ctm_focus_on_schools/ fall06_around_the_world.shtmlÂAlas,some health challenges have prompted a downsizing here at home. Last FridayI delivered my radio stamp collections to Sparks Auctions in Ottawa. An illustrated description can be found at
http://www.ircaonline.org/Radio Stamps For Sale January 12 2017.doc---ÂLynn.
Lafayette, LA

--- End Message ---