[IRCA] Cuba 770

I think we have a new station or a change on 770 in Cuba.

On Jan 7 the BCB Logger carried the following report from Mark, a DXer in
Indiana:

Jan07 23:08 770 Cuba presumed. Blasting in like a local. ID something like
âRadio Arbenitaâ; no âRebeldeâ hrd. but âde la revolucionâ hrd several times. --
Mark in IN (74.118.118.170)

For the last few days, with 780 WBBM's IBOC off, I've been putting time in on
770 to the west and southwest. Aside from logging CHQR Calgary as new, and
hearing a Mexican anthem one evening at 2012-2015 EST, I am hearing a station
that sounds vaguely Cuban. Interestingly, I have not heard anything //Rebelde
670/710/5025 (my three Rebelde beacons). But I nhad a Cuban anthem last night
leading up to 0000 EST.

So there is a Cuban on 770, and it doesn't appear to be Rebelde. MWLIST lists
just one station in Cuba on 770, and that's Rebelde in Victoria de las Tunas.
Rebelde has been the easiest latin to get here until now. But it has been all
but absent the last few days, and whatever has replaced it doesn't seem quite as
strong, though we're talking marginal difference here and it could be
conditions.

I've put assorted clips on WTFDA Forums. You have to scroll down to one of my
follow-up posts to three clips of the Mexican from when I heard that anthem, and
then further down there's three clips of the Cuban I heard prior to midnight (my
local time) last night.

Saul Chernos
Burnt River ON